Saturday, August 31, 2013

Movie - The Colony


My Friday night movie last week was
The Colony (2013).  I ordered this on demand thru my cable company and it hasn't even been in the theaters yet.  It is a action/science fiction/thriller starring Kevin Zegers, Laurence Fishburne, Bill Paxton and Charlotte Sullivan.  This immediately drew my attention because I love post-apocalyptic stories and this movie was about the survivors after the earth froze.  The story was interesting enough that it did keep my attention throughout the entire film. The special effects were good as was the acting.  I felt this was an accurate portrayal of "what would happen if the earth froze".  Laurence Fishburne is the leader of his colony while Bill Paxton plays a man who is unhappy with the way the leader handles the colony.  There is a lot of conflict between these two characters with the rest of the colony suffering the backlash.  They get a distress call from another colony and a rescue team is sent to aid them which was very interesting to see what the world would look like under so much snow.  When they got to the other colony, I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat, curious about what they would find and the situation they would be returning to.  If rating this movie I would give it 7 out of 10. 





Storyline:  Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix), Bill Paxton (Aliens) and Kevin Zegers (Dawn of the Dead), headline an all-star cast in this savage and unrelenting thriller about mankind's greatest enemy: himself. As an endless winter engulfs Earth, humans struggle to survive in remote underground outposts. When Colony 7 receives a distress call from a nearby settlement, Sam (Zegers) and Briggs (Fishburne) race through the snow on a dangerous rescue mission. What they find at the desolate base could mean mankind's salvation-or its total annihilation. Terrifying discoveries will unfold that will change the rules of survival forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment